Friday, December 28, 2012

Candy Canes

I'm back after a (long-than-anticipated) Christmas hiatus to show you my Christmas day nail art, and I've included a quick tutorial at the end of the post!  :)


I started with 2 coats of OPI My Boyfriend Scales Walls and a coat of Seche Vite to speed up the drying.  After taping off stripes, I used Essie Macks for the red and topped the whole look off with two more coats of Seche Vite to smooth out the stripes.  


I say that this was my Christmas day mani, when in reality it only lasted the first part of the day.  Of course, thanks to Christmas and review packages arriving, I now have an obscene amount of untried polishes (and a storage rack!) so I had to paint my nails on Christmas day! 


Here's a quick picture tutorial for this look; it's pretty self-explanatory since I mainly made it to post on Instagram, but if you have any questions just leave a comment! 


My pile of untried and to-review indies has grown to the size of Mount Doom, so I'm planning to do a month of everyday indie polish posts.  I usually post sporadically so posting every day will be a challenge, but I'm really looking forward to it!  I hope you'll follow me along the way!  :) 

9 comments:

  1. Looking forward to it. I love indies. These stripes are perfection.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous! I was just wondering how to create a manicure like that! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope you had a great Christmas! I love your manicure- simple yet striking! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh I can't wait! I don't own a lot of indies, but seeing swatches makes me fall in love all the time. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous......I so have to buy myself some stripping tape soon

    ReplyDelete
  6. I read this article fully concerning the resemblance
    of most up-to-date and preceding technologies, it's awesome article.

    Here is my site ... cele mai tari jocuri actiune

    ReplyDelete
  7. Howdy would you mind letting me know which web host you're utilizing? I've loaded your blog
    in 3 completely different internet browsers and I must say
    this blog loads a lot faster then most. Can you suggest a good web hosting
    provider at a fair price? Cheers, I appreciate
    it!

    Stop by my blog post cele mai bune jocuri de actiune

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...