Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Quidditch Nail Art

Mooorning.  (If you said that in George Weasley`s voice, you're awesome.  If not, you've lived a deprived life and need to go watch this right now!) 

In case you didn't know, I'm a huge Harry Potter fan.  Like read-all-the-books-multiple-times-know-all-the-lines-in-the-movies-can-ramble-off-every-obscure-fact-nobody-should-know kind of fan.  


Oddly enough, it's been almost a year since I did Harry Potter related nails (last Halloween.)  For my sister's birthday party last weekend, I made her a golden snitch birthday cake (yes, I decorate cakes too.)  Of course, I couldn't resist doing Quidditch nails to match :)


I just had to take a picture holding the wand that my super-mega-foxy-awesome-hot friend Michaela made for me, A.K.A. Queen Of All Things Crafty.  My sister has one too, and yes, we know all the spells and have wizard duels.  ("THAT'S ABSURD!")


Yea, yea, freehand nail art definitely isn't my strong point, but I think I did alright.  


I used a base of Orly Snowcone, sponged on a little OPI Don't Touch My Tutu for some depth (not that you can tell in my pictures) added details with acrylic paint, glitters that I pulled out of Pirouette My Whistle, and then sponged on some Essie Pure Pearlfection for a little added magic.  ;)

What do you think of my Quidditch nails?  Are you anywhere near as crazy of a fan as I am?  :D

12 comments:

  1. Love this mani! You're even holding a wand in your second picture, so awesome! xD Is the glitter from Pirouette My Whistle?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha thank you! :D And oops, the glitter is definitely from Pirouette My Whistle; thanks for pointing that out, I've fixed it! :P

      Delete
  2. this is STUNNING - i love the delicate dots of movement and the snitch itself - FABULOSO!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE these so muchhhh! I also really really want to see the cake! And pffttt "freehand nail art definitely isn't my strong point" LIES!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha thank you Alexis! I might post some pictures of my cakes sometime in the future :)

      Delete
  4. Awesome! They're so cute! SQUEE

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love them! And I love the Harry potter and Avpm refrences :) also, with the snitch, I love how the glitter is right following behind it! Did you do that, or did it just happen?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh these are stunning! I'm also a HUGE Potterhead haha! Hence the name of my blog! I wish I could do art as amazing as this though x

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...